ILMUNC XXXIV Timeline
April 3rd, 2017
- >> Registration Opens for ILMUNC XXXIV
May 31st, 2017
- >> Priority Registration Deadline I
August 3rd, 2017
- >> Priority Registration Deadline II
September 29th, 2017
- >> Deposits due for Priority Registration ($35 per Delegate)*
November 1st, 2017
- >> Regular Registration Closes
- >> Participant Package Deposit of per Delegate Due
- >> ILMUNC Scholarship Applications Due
November 15th, 2017
- >> Delegate Information Due
- >> Country Assignment Preferences Due
- >> Final Day for Delegation Changes
December 1st, 2017
- >> All conference fees and participant package payments due**
December 15th, 2017
- >> Final day for full refunds of conference fees (School, FA, and Delegate fees)
January 18th, 2018
- >> Position Papers due
January 25th - 28th, 2018
- >> ILMUNC XXXIV
Priority 1 and 2 Fees
School Fee Waived
75 US Dollars Per Delegate
40 US Dollars Per Advisor
70 US Dollars Per School
75 US Dollars Per Delegate
40 US Dollars Per Advisor
Forms and Materials
Thursday, January 25th, 2018
12:00pm - 6:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Hotel Check-In and Registration
4:00pm - 5:30pm
Pre-Conference Training Workshops
7:00pm – 8:00pm
9:00pm – 11:30pm
Committee Session I
9:30pm – 10:30pm
Faculty Advisor Reception
Friday, January 26th, 2018
9:00am – 12:00pm
Optional Campus Tours of the University of Pennsylvania/Delegate Ice Skating Event
12:00pm – 2:00pm
Summer and Opportunities Fair
2:00pm – 5:30pm
Committee Session II
5:30pm – 6:30pm
6:30pm – 10:30pm
Committee Session III
11:00pm – 12:00pm
Saturday, January 27th, 2018
9:30am – 1:00pm
Committee Session IV
1:00pm – 2:30pm
2:30pm – 6:30pm
Committee Session V
6:30pm – 9:00pm
9:00pm – 12:00am
Sunday, January 28th, 2018
9:00am – 10:30am
Committee Session VI
12:00pm – 1:30pm
*Please note that this a tentative schedule intended to provide a general idea as for the conference times of ILMUNC XXXIV. All times are subject to change, and the finalized schedule will be posted in early January, and included in the Delegate and Faculty Advisor Guides released during Conference.
We’re pleased to have all ILMUNC delegations reside at the official ILMUNC conference hotel, the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, located right in the heart of Center City and all it has to offer. Hotel arrangements are included as part of the Participation Package are required to be purchased by all delegates and Faculty Advisors. Exceptions must be approved by ILMUNC in cases where delegations will not be utilizing overnight accommodations (if so, please contact Elyas Tecle, the Director-General at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Each Participation Package includes:
- Accommodations for 3 nights (in quadruple occupancy) at the beautiful Philadelphia Marriott Downtown hotel
- Hotel porterage charges for all participants Conference space expenses
- Professional planning and onsite support at the conference, including:
- Onsite Coordinators to address any hotel concerns
- Night Chaperones to ensure restful nights for everyone
- Access to Doctors-on-call and comprehensive medical insurance while attending
- 24 Hour emergency travel support while attending and during arranged travel
- Opportunity for delegates to earn academic credit transcripts for your college application
- Opportunity for faculty advisors to earn free Professional Development
After completing our online registration, you’ll work with a representative from our event partners, WorldStrides, to detail your delegation’s specific rooming and transportation needs, as well as to learn details about the included academic credit.
Participation Packages begin at 223 USD/Participant in quadruple rooms (additional expense incurred for triple, double, and single rooms).
Travel and Sightseeing
Once registered, your delegation will have the opportunity to take advantage of specially-arranged transportation and sightseeing rates available only to ILMUNC participants.
Our WorldStrides partners can arrange flights, motor coaches and trains for your delegation at special rates. We can also combine you with other nearby delegations for shared transportation to save money. Further, WorldStrides-arranged travel comes with added benefits such as included airport shuttles, the ability to delay deposits and payments, and more.
Philadelphia is already known for its world-class attractions like the Museum of Art, the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall. You have the option to book tours for either before or after conference. For delegations coming from afar, tours to other nearby cities like New York City or Washington DC are also available.
One Stop Planning
ILMUNC is known for its unparalleled committee, learning, and networking experience – And we want you to be able to focus on that rather than event and travel logistics. That’s why we’re pleased to be supported by WorldStrides, the nation’s leading educational travel organization, in arranging accommodations, travel and other event logistics. Here's why:
One-Stop Full-Service Support for Ease of Planning
- All group accommodation arrangements, plus optional transportation and sightseeing arrangements through one point of contact – And all payable all with one check!
- The kind of expertise you’d expect from a 50-year-old youth travel organization.
Academic Credit and Professional Development – Now Included Free with Your Participant Package
ILMUNC delegates deserve credit for what they contribute to the conference. And we give it to you. Our partnership with WorldStrides, an educational travel school accredited by the same regional bodies that accredit high schools, allows you to earn a full semester credit through ILMUNC participation. Upon completing ILMUNC and some supplemental requirements, you’ll receive an official transcript granting your semester credit. Include the credit transcript with your college application materials to demonstrate your extra achievement.
Faculty Advisors dedicate a lot of their time preparing their delegates for ILMUNC. You should get credit for that effort, too. Faculty Advisors have the opportunity to earn an official transcript of Professional Development that may be applied toward your district’s annual Professional Development requirements. Learn more by talking with your ILMUNC WorldStrides representative.
This year, ILMUNC is proud to announce its continued installment at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, the city’s premier conference hotel. As a result of the Marriott’s expansive, well-furnished conference space, the superb level of service that its staff affords to delegates, staffers, and faculty advisors, and its unparalled centrality in Philadelphia, the Secretariat of ILMUNC XXXIV is excited to announce our continuned partnership with the the hotel for coming years.
Advanced conference technology
The Marriott Hotel offers not only improved in-person service, but also a conference application that will enable the ILMUNC Secretariat to better coordinate with the hotel staff and more efficiently respond to questions asked by any delegate, staffer, or faculty advisor that might arise over the course of conference.
A new, lower price
Through our academic and travel partner WorldStrides, we are proud to advertise a new, lower price for hotel rooms at the Marriott for our delegates and faculty advisors, ensuring that ILMUNC continues to make strides to be more affordable for all delegations.
New at ILMUNC
In addition to our transition to the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown, ILMUNC is proud to advertise new changes to our conference that will help ensure the ever-increasing quality of our delegate and faculty advisor experience.
- This, our website for 2018 will offer to registered delegations access to the ILMUNC Delegate Guide to Success, which will provide advice on how to succeed at ILMUNC and other competitive collegiate conferences. Expert college delegates and members of the ILMUNC Secretariat have written about essential tips and tricks of the trade to help students of all levels of experience improve their substantive skills.
- In addition, we have revitalized our cutting-edge mobile application, which will allow delegates to personally log in and view important hotel and conference information, access committee materials, and receive push notifications during conference from the ILMUNC Secretariat.
- Our new Regional Bodies and Councils committees will serve as medium-sized committees of both UN and non-UN origin that tackle issues specific to certain regions of the globe. These committees will ensure that delegates who are interested in specific regions have the ability to delve even deeper into the substance of committee.
- More new, exciting opportunities to be announced soon!